.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 20, 2005

I'm behind the curve...

Apparently there's this great trick so that you don't have to wash your hair everyday. I'm not sure why I was the last to find out about it since I hang out with just hoards of scenesters & hipsters & none of them wash their hair daily. The trick is, you put baby powder/corn starch/talc in your hair & it takes away the greasy look. Ever since I got bangs I've had to wash my hair every morning b/c they always look gross & greasy. Sometimes this is not always convenient. I may want to run some errands, go running or to rugby practice, THEN wash my hair. Or what if I just want to run to Mapco for some eggs or a newspaper? But now I have this great trick that will allow me to sashay around town w/ unwashed hair. I think I'm going to forego hair washing & just keep piling on the powder. Eventually I bet my head will just look like a giant cake!!!

Comments:
this is not jiving with the 'formerly known as' part in your name
 
Nice title though. It has potential. I think sparky and I could ridicule you good and proper here.
 
Okay, I've added you to my list of friendly blogs. Now you just need to remember to write often, so we can continue to make fun of you.
 
I hope I am able to accomodate you by saying things worth making fun of. I'm sure that will be a rare occasion...
 
GUESS WHAT? I found that that Miss Kate knew about the no wash/powder trick ages ago.
 
I remember my Aunt J. putting talcum powder in her hair when she was a teenager and I was a little girl. Just last month, I was talking w/ one of her daughters about that practice and the daugther asked, "Did you really do that, Mom? Why?" To which my Aunt J. replied, "Well, it was the 70's. We were all kinda greasy."
 
Well being greasy is back in with hipsters & scenesters. I just regret all the time I spent washing my hair when I could've been dumping powder in it. I'm a busy girl! Plus, wet hair is a smoke magnet in a bar....powdered hair not so much. It sorta make me feel a little like Marie Antoinette, too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?