.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sewing tips from Lester...

Say you sashay in to work wearing another one of your exciting thrift store finds. The problem with vintage is the threads may be weak, and sometimes hems fall out, seams rip, or buttons fall off. Luckily, every office (or home) has one of these:


Simply staple fabric together, and viola! Good as new! I also use this technique to hem pants and skirts that I may have chopped off or even brand spanking new items that were made for amazons and not lil shorties like myself. It's much faster than needle and thread, and easier to modify as well.

Stay tuned for more helpful household hints....

Comments:
Staples hold a hem better if you apply duct tape as well.

Not so good in the wash though.
 
Once I was forced to leave work in the middle of the day and walk the entire way to the exit sidestepping with my butt to the wall. No amount of staples or duct tape was going to hide the fact that my ass was hanging out in the world.
 
Sparky...what happened to your britches? This sounds like an interesting story.

Sylow, I'm impressed with your knowledge of textile repair. And we all thought you were just a pretty face!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?